Meet Christine Mestemacher, MD
A member of the “Best Doctors” registry since 2001, Dr. Mestemacher is an experienced obstetrician-gynecologist specializing in women’s health. She founded the Mestemacher Clinic for Women in Germantown, Tennessee, providing a complete array of obstetric and gynecological care since 2007.
However, in 2015, she stopped obstetrics to concentrate solely on the gynecology aspect of her private practice. She also works part-time with Integrated Physician Services as an OBGYN Hospitalist at Methodist Germantown Hospital.
Dr. Mestemacher is not accepting new patients at this time.
Beginning her profession in the medical field as a registered nurse, Dr. Mestemacher obtained her Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree from Vanderbilt University and worked as a nurse for six years.
She obtained her medical degree from the University of Tennessee School of Medicine, where she also performed her internship and residency.
Dr. Mestemacher continues to practice at Methodist Germantown Hospital, Baptist Hospital for Women, and East Memphis Surgery Center where she holds admitting, medical and surgical privileges.
Dr. Mestemacher has recently concluded her obstetrics practice, but she continues to accept new gynecology patients.
Excellence In Medicine
Holding herself to a high level of excellence, Dr. Mestemacher is board-certified by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology (ABOG).
She’s also achieved these additional certifications and memberships:
- American Association of Pro-Life Obstetricians and Gynecologists - Member
- American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) - Fellow
- Christian Medical and Dental Associations - Member
- Confidential Care Pregnancy Resource Center - Medical Director
- North American Menopause Society - Menopause Practitioner
- University of Tennessee OBGYN Residency Department - Voluntary Clinical Faculty
Awards & Recognition
As a testament to her success, Dr. Mestemacher is the recipient of several awards and honors, including:
- Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2009, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014)
- On-Time Doctor Award (2009, 2014)
- Patients’ Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014)
- Top 10 Doctor – City (2014)
- Top Doc 2020
As a practicing physician since 1997, Dr. Mestemacher has held numerous leadership positions during her medical career, including:
- OB/GYN Department Chair, Baptist Memorial Hospital
- Performance Improvement Committee Chair, Baptist Memorial Hospital
- Peer Review Council Chair, Baptist Memorial Hospital
- Medical Staff President, Baptist Memorial Hospital for Women
- Member of Bylaws Committee, Baptist Memorial Hospital